Anti-Glare Lenses: Sharp & Clear Vision Without Reflection
Sunlight or bright artificial light can cause eye discomfort when either directed or reflected on surfaces. Glare or the bright dazzling light can be quite uncomfortable and can make it difficult to see properly. This affects most of us throughout the day, so protecting your eyes against it is quite important. That is where anti-glare glasses come into piture.
How Do Anti-Reflective Lenses Work?
Anti-glare glasses are made with lenses that have an anti-reflective coating (sometimes referred to as AR coating or anti-glare coating). This is an extremely thin layer placed on the lens itself that removes any reflections you might normally see from the surface of your glasses (both on the front or the back). It also reduces glare and ‘halos’ around light sources that you may experience at night.
Once the reflections on your glasses have been eliminated, more light is able to pass through the lenses and improve the sharpness of your vision.
Most anti-glare lenses are made with a special ‘hydrophobic’ surface treatment that seals the anti-reflective layers, which in turn allows the lenses to repel water, stopping water droplets from forming and making the glasses easier to clean.
Crizal anti-reflection lenses provide protection against reflection, scratches, smudges, dust, water, UV and other enemies of clear vision. Crizal lenses can help you see better, look better and feel better.
When Would You Need Anti-Glare Lenses?
As the anti-reflective coating reduces any light reflecting from your glasses, everyone can definitely benefit from getting anti-glare lenses, especially those who:
- Work consistently with computers, where prolonged work on the computer can strain their eyes
- Drive regularly, whether at night (when glare from the headlights of oncoming traffic can make it hard to see) or in the day (when bright sunlight can have the same effect)
- Work under bright sunlight
Anyone who wears glasses should look into getting anti-glare lenses as they will be able to help in all everyday situations.
Anti-glare glasses are particularly recommended for those who wear UV protection lenses or high-index lenses (thinner, lighter lenses for nearsightedness), as these glasses tend to reflect more light than regular lenses.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ANTI-GLARE GLASSES?
There are many benefits of anti-glare glasses:
- Vision is sharper and clearer. With light reflections and glare removed, anti-glare glasses or lenses sharpen your vision and reduce distractions.
- The effects of eye strain are significantly reduced. There will be less need to squint or unnecessarily strain the eyes. With anti-glare glasses reducing the levels of discomfort you might experience when sitting at a computer or laptop screen every day, you’ll likely be more productive and able to work at the computer for longer periods.
- It makes your glasses look more attractive. Your eyes will be more visible without the light reflections on your glasses. Making eye contact is much more achievable when wearing anti-glare glasses, which is important in many situations, both social and professional. Similarly, anti-glare glasses can make taking photographs a lot easier; without reflections showing on your lenses, you’ll be able to get that perfect shot the first time.
If you wear glasses and regularly experience glare, light reflections, or halos around light sources at night, you will definitely benefit from getting a pair of anti-glare glasses. Visit your eye care professional today to see what your options are and start experiencing better, clearer vision both day and night.
Looking for anti-glare glasses?
Visit your nearest optical store and ask about Crizal lenses today